About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something from Georgia who has a precious baby boy and a handsome husband! I love my Jesus and all things that make the South what it is! I'm a 2nd grade teacher and feel like a lucky girl to get to spend my days with awesome 7 and 8 year olds!

Blog Archive

Words to live by....

"/>
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Linky Recipe Anyone?

Hi again!

Yes, I'm still catching up in this 5 days of linky hosted by Clutter-Free Classroom. This is really fun! I am enjoying reading what others are saying and I'm gaining some new followers! It is a win-win. I recommed joining if you like to teach, need ideas, and want some awesome teacher blogger buddies!
Today the question is:
Share a recipe that you often make during the school year. Bonus points will be awarded if your recipe freezes well or can be made in a crockpot.

Well, in addition to being a 2nd grade teacher, a wife, and a mother to a baby, I LOVE cooking! That is one of my things! I love trying new recipes and making them "budget friendly" and "time friendly" as I adore those precious moments with GAB while he's still so small. Anyway, the recipe I'm going to share is a household fav! We eat this for breakfast or dinner. It's hearty and delish!

Grits Casserole
Ingredients:
1 cup of uncooked quick grits
1 lb. ground sausage
1 small onion, chopped
two 4 1/2oz. cans diced green chilies
1 stick of butter
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
10 dashes of Tabasco sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook grits in 4 cups of salted water. Saute sausage and onion; drain fat. Add butter, eggs, 2 cups cheese, and Tabasco to grits. Mix well. Combine grits mixture with sausage and green chilies. Pour all into a 9 x 13" glass dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 1 hour.

**Great thing about this, it does freeze well and can be prepped ahead of time and baked just before serving. It really is delicious and a hit with all of our house guests!**

Happy Cooking!

No comments: