About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something from Georgia who has a precious baby boy and a handsome husband! I love my Jesus and all things that make the South what it is! I'm a 2nd grade teacher and feel like a lucky girl to get to spend my days with awesome 7 and 8 year olds!

Blog Archive

Words to live by....

"/>
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mexican food+friends/family=GREAT TIME

I always love the weekends, but it makes it especially wonderful when you can spend it with people you love. I feel extremely blessed that some of our very best friends are relatives! This weekend we had a very causal Mexican dinner at home. We served steak fajitas with all the fixings imaginable and mexican cheese rice...yes, homemade. Yes, insanely easy. No, not totally wiped out, because instead of using green chilies as the recipe calls for, I accidentally used jalapenos...WHOOPS! Kind of a big whoops, but it happens. Anyway, dinner was great, but the company was even better. My niece, MLB, is an absolute doll! She and my sweet baby, GAB, are 3 months apart and seem to really love one another's company. We could spend hours hanging out because the babies are content to be together. It makes it very easy for the adults when the babies entertain themselves-sorta. Now that GAB and MLB are mobile, they keep each other company and us busy chasing after them. At one point both MLB and GAB were leaned into our (never been used, not even set up) fireplace giggling hysterically because they had both been told not to. Of course, I didn't get a picture or a movie, but it was a classic moment. A great time was had by all!
(No photos from this particular occasion, but some of the above mentioned!)
 Some of our favorite people!

 Precious MLB

Easter...no smiles from these 2!

My whole world! GAB

No comments: