About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something from Georgia who has a precious baby boy and a handsome husband! I love my Jesus and all things that make the South what it is! I'm a 2nd grade teacher and feel like a lucky girl to get to spend my days with awesome 7 and 8 year olds!

Blog Archive

Words to live by....

"/>
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby Steps

Wow! Just as my 9 1/2 month old is taking actual baby steps, I'm taking "baby steps" into this blogging business. It seems a tad overwhelming. I love, love, love reading other people's thoughts and taking ideas from other creative teachers, but to actually sit and type my thoughts and my ideas is quite difficult. It definitely is an eye opener for someone who teaches seven and eight year olds how to write about random things on the fly! Guess I should start simply! Here goes...
A teacher friend once mentioned how she is growing into the professional she is because she relies so heavily on blogs and ideas seen on the internet. It sparked my interest as I find it extremely mundane to simply hand out work sheets all day long. I begin by reading cooking blogs. In addition to teaching and being a mother and wife, I adore cooking. It is like a release! (I also enjoy eating, but I'm working on that!)Anyway, after finding some awesome "chef" bloggers, I began searching for teacher bloggers and found some GREAT ones! These women that pour their hearts and souls into their blogs inspire me. Therefore, I'd like the opportunity to pay it forward! My blog my not be fantastic yet, but I'm still taking....baby steps!

No comments: